Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy or whoever!

jharrell

I am looking for a quiver for my SQ2. The only problem I have is, I don't want it to let my arrows hang out below my cam. I have it narrowed down to either the new Mathews quiver that is a two peace that they just came out with for the shorter bows or the Alpine Archery three arrow quiver. The Mathews must be gold lined because it costs $100 (surprise surprise). The Alpine Archery quiver is less than half the price. Does anybody know anything about the Alpine Archery quiver? And if you do, what do you think?

Thanks for your response Limb. The one peace design will fit no problem but the two peace wouldn't work without leaving my arrows hanging below my cam until Mathews came out with that new extended two peace quiver. So now I have choices. Mathews one peace or two peace, or the Alpine three arrow one peace that caught my eye. The problem is I don't know a thing about Alpine Archery stuff. My father-in-law has the one peace Mathews on his FX and it is a very nice quiver.

What I would also like your opinion on is quiver on versus quiver off when hunting out of a tree stand? I have done it both ways and would like to hear someone else's opinion on this.

I ALSO TRY TO SHOOT A SQ2- THE SPIDER QUIVER IS WORTH THE $ AND IT IS A LIFETIME REPLACEMENT--NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I DONT HAVE THE ARROWS STICKING BELOW MY CAM AT ALL. NOT TO KNOCK KWIKI-QUIVER, ALL JOKES ASIDE, BUT THEY DO MAKE AN EXTENSION THAT RAISES YOUR QUIVER TOWARD THE UPPER CAM. HOPE THIS HELPS. BY THE WAY I DO ENJOY SHOOTING AND PACKING THE SQ2. M350 OUT

Headgear

Those Alpine quivers are pretty nice. I can't say anything on how they work cuz I don't own one. I have a Bohning and I really like it for the ease that it comes out of the holder. Anyway, from the people I've talked to they really like the Alpines. They are quiet, light, & go on and off relatively easy. The 3 arrow one is very compact. The only problem that I've had with them is putting them on over certain sights, for example, the Impact Cosmic single sight. After some work we got it to work fine. I'm also a bit curious to see how that alpine would work in cold weather since it snaps in and out of a rubber bracket. I would think that they must be a bit harder to work since the rubber would get very hard in cold temperatures. I see 2 ways to solve this, either shoot with it on or kill your buck before it gets cold!! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for the response guys. For the last couple of years I have used a Kwiki with the extension. When I get in the tree I use the accessory that screws in the tree and I attach my quiver to it so it is not on my bow while I hunt in the stand. This is kinda neat but the quiver itself when on my bow sticks out a mile and I catch it on everything. The Mathews quivers fit real close and snug. Limb, what do you do with your quiver when you take it off in the tree?

I have a cover that goes over my fletching that is made by limbsaver (so the crest and feathers are not visible to creature or human eyes) and I just hang it on a bowholder. Or sometimes I will carry just one extra tree step and put my quiver on first and then slide my fanny pack on the same step.
grin.gif

I hunt with my quiver on my bow up in the stand. I practice with my quiver off during spring & summer and then the last month or so I put it on and fill it with arrows so that I become familiar with the weight change.

I owned a mathews one piece quiver, they are good quality and worth the extra money.

I also hunt with my quiver off and hang it from a tree step. I do fear someday I'll have to use a second shot and then will be poised for a lot of movement. ie..Hang the bow use 2 hands to get another arrow out of the quiver, grab the bow again etc...I just hate shooting with my quiver on.

I thought I was the only one who took their quiver off. Glad I'm not the only weirdo.

Pupster

For the guys that prefer to take their quiver off when in stand, take a look at the rancho safari quivers. Combines the fanny/backpack with your quiver. They are geared more for the traditional shooters but would seem to fit anyone that removes their quiver. Just an idea.

http://www.camohunter.com/ranchosafariquivers.html

Headgear,

For several years now I have also used the Kwiki accessory to hang my quiver in the tree and I love it. Wouldn't buy another quiver that didn't have a similar device. I used to hang my quiver on steps, limbs, whatever I could find. Had it blow out of the tree on a couple of occasions and getting a second arrow pretty much required two hands. I have twice killed deer on a second shot and don't think either one would've been possible without a quiver solidly mounted to the tree within easy reach. Just something to think about.

NWBuck

NWBuck,
Have you gotta link to this Kwiki accesory? Mounts solid to a tree? Can you move it from stand to stand?

Sounds like something I might like.

I currently have something on the lines of what River Rat posted, but it would still require 2 hand arrow extraction in the event a second shot presented itself.

Let me know
Pupster

Ok, you guys are making me feel bad here, am I the only wierdo that hunts with his quiver on?
Know wonder the deer look at me funny!
wstupid.gif

River Rat,
Do the arrows come out of that Safari quiver easily, and how exactly do you get them out?

Thanks in advance, Nonres

Pupster, If your going to the Classic on Saturday I can bring one of the Kwikee Kwiver Caddy's with me. I'm going to Bass pro this weekend and I'll pick one up for you.....assuming they're in stock (always a problem at the "Pro.") Besides the Caddy, you need another quiver bracket.(If you don't have an extra one already) If I remember, it's about $8.00 for both pieces. Let me know.

Funny you would mention that NWBuck, that is the main reason I have stayed with the Kwiki over the years. It is also the reason I am interested in the Alpine quiver as it has a similar type of accessory that screws in the tree. The Alpine fits much closer to the bow than the Kwiki, witch would be nice when I go to Colorado and don't take my quiver off. But on the other hand that new two peace quiver by mathews looks awesome, I just don't know about haveing my quiver full of arrows on all the time...

Pupster,

If I remember right the caddy and additional bracket run about $10 total. And yes, all you have to do to move it from tree to tree is unscrew it and throw it in your backpack. I suppose a guy could get several and just leave them in the trees you knew you were going to hunt from, but it is not hard to tote around either. This fall I took a PM stand and forgot my caddy in the tree when I left at dark. The next morning (going to a different location) I felt almost naked. Just about as bad as getting to the tree and realizing you've forgotten your release
smile.gif

Nonres,

I'm sure you're not the only one who hunts with your quiver on, but I'm also sure you'll like the results of shooting with it off. Shooting a decent arrow is all about holding your bow arm steady, and having the extra weight on there makes it tougher for me. Also eliminates another potential source of game-spooking noise on release.

Headgear,

I think Rack has a good idea...get both quivers. After all, I'm sure you're in for a healthy raise this year...right???
grin.gif

NWBuck

See, now I'm pissed. I've never really been a "gadget" guy and I always kinda laugh at all of my friends who spend thousands on gadgetry. But in this case I think I need one of those! Now I wonder what else I need.?.?

Rackaddict,
Thanks for the offer. I'm still in limbo as to whether we are going Fri. night or Sat. and hate to have you ship it if we don't run into each other.

Top Bottom