Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Pro Cam 20mp

tracker

Life Member
I'm going to need to replace some cameras over the next couple of years. I see Menards has these on sale for $71.
Does anyone have any of these and are they decent and reliable? I'm not looking for a supreme camera, just something dependable and affordable that I don't feel bad about throwing away in 5 years.

Experience with my cheap muddy cameras is they work pretty well, but night time moving pictures tend to be blurry a lot.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had zero luck with cheap Muddy cameras, either didn't trigger and take a picture or late trigger and get the south end of a north bound deer. I have had good luck with the Cabelas Gen 3 cameras, they take good pictures & video and don't break the bank at about $110. I run them year round, they don't eat batteries and have had some out for 2-3 years now. Bonus for me was wife & daughter both worked at the retail store for a while and I got them for 50% off. I still have like 5 on the shelf downstairs new in the box waiting to be put out someday when my current ones finally die.

I would only get a muddy cam if it was free and I wanted to use them as a decoy camera to deter theft. They are the absolute worst camera I have ever tried. I too bought them at menards. Wasted money. Run away!!!!!!!

5 years is delusional thinking for that cam. I have gotten 5 years out of cheap brownings and expensive cuddelinks. I have the cheapest spypoints going on 3 years. I usually run most of my cams for 7 or 8 months of the year.

I have nothing good I can think of to say to recommend the muddy cams. Getting a cheap cam to 5 years I think might be a bit wishful but it could happen if they aren't used much and are well taken care of in off season.

Top Bottom