Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy treestand ?

kstur

PMA Member
I have a muddy hang on treestand that uses the ratchet strap on the top button and a cinch type strap on the bottom button.I'm not a big fan on ratchet straps.Has anyone used two of the cinch type straps,one on top and one on bottom?It would be the same setup as a Lonewolf stand.

Yea I have a LW hangon and LW sticks that I use solely for run and gun setups. The stand has two cinch straps but I am going to replace that top strap with ratchet. It seems I can never get that top strap tight enough.

You two should trade straps :D I would think that you would be fine with two cinch straps. Sticks, do you fold the platform up vertical when you are tightening the strap? If you lift the platform and cinch it down then push the stand down and lower the platform it will tighten up real nice.

You two should trade straps :D I would think that you would be fine with two cinch straps. Sticks, do you fold the platform up vertical when you are tightening the strap? If you lift the platform and cinch it down then push the stand down and lower the platform it will tighten up real nice.

Agreed, it should tighten up to the point that when you fold your platform back down the base of it will dig into the bark on the tree. That sucker shouldn't budge!

I was just thinking about that last night when i was sitting on stand during my urban hunt. Ill try that tomo night, should work. thanks guys

I replaced the ratchet strap with the cam buckle strap on my Muddy stand. It works great. Like what was said earlier, if you keep the platform in the upright position while tightening the straps, you can get them plenty tight. It's also much quieter and quicker than the ratchet strap.

In addition to the cam buckel strap, I also made myself an easy hang hook much like the Lone Wolf. I got a double J-hook and attached it to a cam buckle strap. I spread the hooks apart so that they stradle the bracket on the back of the stand. This makes hanging the stand a breeze.

Thanks for everyones response. I'm going to give the double cinch strap a try.By the way,I tried out my muddy climbing sticks over the weekend.They are sweet!!!!! I wonder if the same rope hook-on method would work on a treestand?

Doble cinch all the way!! On the lone wolfs the bottom strap carries the load. The top strap is soley to keep the top post from moving forward. There isn't much of a load on it.

Top Bottom