Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

mule saves the day

yotehntr

i was hunting this afternoon from the ground. had 8 pt come by at 10 yrds. wasn't exactly what i was wanting but got caught up in the excitment of being so close and i drilled him. after the shot he jumped into a deep ravine and died almost instantly. after looking the situation over i told him he just as well be an elephant because there wasn't any way i could get him out by myself. after a few phone calls and not finding any help i thought of a friend who uses mules to coon hunt. i called him and he brought one up and drug the buck to the truck. that was much easier on the back.

Now that's cool. Most people would have just gone for the four-wheeler. I hate those $%&*#! noisy things. They've ruined more hunts for me than I care to think about. A mule I could sure live with. Way to go!
waytogo.gif

there wasn't anyway you could you could gotten close to him with a four wheeler.i own one and would of used it if possible. i have helped bring out lots of deer but have never seen one in meaner spot.

Top Bottom