Multiple Stand Sites

PointBlank

Do you guys put up more than one stand in a particular site so that you can hunt the same area on different winds?

I have 4 stands up on the main property that I hunt that way I can hunt according to the wind.
laugh.gif

Definitely. I got permission to hunt some new property and I have found a heavily used pinch point / funnel. It sets up perfect for a West wind, I am currently studying aerials to see how I might set stands for a North or South breeze. But I try to be careful not to overhunt multiple stand sites.

On one propety I hunt we have put up 4.On a property I got permission to hunt I helped the owner put up two more.I have two portables for now and hope to add three more to the equation.
Definitely if the room is there then put em in.

I have about four different funnels/pinch points that I can effectively hunt on several different wind directions. Some have two hang on stands situated 30-40 yards apart and some have different "climber stand" trees prepared for different wind directions. This gives me a lot more options when deciding where to hunt.

i have 12 stands out. some in the same funnel, but for different winds. all are on travel routes inbetween beddind and food.

Back