Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

musdy sticks.....

Greekhawk

This year I set aside my climber and am using a millenium M-50 and 4 muddy sticks. First off this combination is awesome! However I'm trying to find a "safe" way to go up the tree. I have done some searching around on this sight, and a few others. Anyway right now im using my HSS linemans rope as a "table" to disconnect one stand sinch the rest back ....... the problem is when I am climbing I have to hold on to my sticks as well.

I have a couple of ideas. However I'm wondering if anyone has better ones.

I hang and hunt quite a bit. Usually out of a lonewolf set up but I have a muddy set up as well. I try to get the first two sticks on the tree. Then I throw the stand on my back and loop/ hang the sticks in my harness or over my shoulder on the way up.
I'm always connected with my linesmanlinesman belt.
Once I get the stand hung I grab a separate linesmanlinesman belt off the stand and attach it above the stand as far as I can reach I run it around the tree and use it as a short lifeline. " its a muddy linesmans belt" I hook the tether from my harness into the prussic knot and disconnnect the actual belt from my waist and climb into the stand and pull my bow up. I repeat in reverse on the way down.

With more and more practice you will come up with a system that works well and that is quick for you. Safety being the #1 priority first and foremost I'm always connected to the tree no matter what

Ya, the first two steps can generally be put in the tree. If you have a muddy harness they sell the step clips you can add to it so you can attach 2 steps to it. If not I generally hang one from the second step and one hand the other up.

As for your stand and bow, I carry 2 ropes and attach one to the stand and attach the other end to me. The other rope I attach to me and the bow.

Rope the stand up and hang it. Tie the bow rope to the stand. Climb in the stand and hang your hangers and pull your bow up. A 3rd rope could be used for your backpack or whatever.

This way you dont have to go back down the tree as you go up.

I hunt the exact same setup. The m50 is a great stand.

Top Bottom