Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Must Be Nice!!

Keep heading south to Missouri. Much better down there and the deer aren't as smart as they are north of the border.

Keep heading south to Missouri. Much better down there and the deer aren't as smart as they are north of the border.

Dead on!!!! Why hunt the late IA gun season when u can get a Tan hunting MO's peak rut rifle season. Cold weather is for Eskimos. High capacity semi auto rifles mowing down everything that moves, lathering on some coconut oil & sipping some cool drink is the best. MO is the ticket!!!

Dead on!!!! Why hunt the late IA gun season when u can get a Tan hunting MO's peak rut rifle season. Cold weather is for Eskimos. High capacity semi auto rifles mowing down everything that moves, lathering on some coconut oil & sipping some cool drink is the best. MO is the ticket!!!

There are no deer down here, they've all been wiped out by CWD or demolished by our thriving Mountain lion herd.

Be smarter to trade your IA land straight up for MO land to get all those benefits Sligh1 stated above...

See after driving tonight and seeing multiple cars with one head light down here I finally get why you guys have so many deer accidents... It really helps to have too headlights and not one. Maybe the lights have to be like the teeth down here, you can't have a full set.

There must be another sort of EHD strain going through now too. I think it's Eradicate Highway Disease. Pulled up in a doe tonight and all she did was stand there facing straight away at the yellow line in the road. Maybe I'll go North across the border.

Walker, are you really complaining?
I can say I've been hunting there…oh... a little bit longer then you. I've hunted a lot of counties in the state and our #s and genetics are just as good. It's all about the having access to the right piece or creating the right piece of land. Patience grasshopper. Some of the best hunting in the state is right under your nose!

Some of the best hunting in the state is right under your nose!

X2

Picked up easy 20 sheds less than 10 miles from your house Walker, if there was such a thing in Central Iowa, your home range would rank right up there. Mave found two bucks over 170 inches dead when EHD came through, those bucks didn't get that big by accident :rolleyes:

The whole state is in for some much improved hunting this year. Think about it.... No shed buck season last yr. 2 years out now from EHD (knock on wood we don't dry up), wet year, less hunters (I'm guessing some quit), etc. Things should really be better across the state (Except southern Iowa which is horrid & only good for cow hunting and scoring Meth). Now- the key is long term & a critical discussion for another day..... When ANYTHING gets "good" or recovers- it quickly becomes exploited. It's human nature. We will see new bills that will look to pimp out our resource when it recovers some. Changes to hunting season, etc- things that will ultimately take us right back down wrong path if we don't fight back. But- positive side, 2015 looks stellar for a lot of the state.

And the added benefit on hunting MO over IA near the border....you get to kill those 2-3 year old studs before the IA hunters ever get a chance at them :D

The whole state is in for some much improved hunting this year. Think about it.... No shed buck season last yr. 2 years out now from EHD (knock on wood we don't dry up), wet year, less hunters (I'm guessing some quit), etc. Things should really be better across the state (Except southern Iowa which is horrid & only good for cow hunting and scoring Meth). Now- the key is long term & a critical discussion for another day..... When ANYTHING gets "good" or recovers- it quickly becomes exploited. It's human nature. We will see new bills that will look to pimp out our resource when it recovers some. Changes to hunting season, etc- things that will ultimately take us right back down wrong path if we don't fight back. But- positive side, 2015 looks stellar for a lot of the state.

And it's looking to be plentiful with moisture

Top Bottom