Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzeloader question

ShedHunter1

This is my first year Muzzeloading and 2 people have told me when I am done hunting to leave my muzzeloader in the truck...Condensation
My garage stays around 55 dgrs.
Curious what everyone else does??

I always carry it in the softcase back and forth to the blind, then put it in the spare bedroom on the bed, still in the case and wrap it in the comforter. I do the same with my video camera and optics. My wife hates it, all the ground blind dirt, leaves and mouse turds that get on everything somehow. I dont like to leave it in the truck on the really cold nights, then warm up the truck in the morning with the heater cranked.

Thanks for all the great advice!
My deer shanny stays at 70 dgrs even in the coldest days this year I might just run the pilot light. Then its stays at 55-60.
Its been loaded since Monday night. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow either at a big 1 or after I get out of the deer shanny.
Muzzeloading is all new to me so I appreciate all the help.

If you are going from the house to the truck/blind leaving it cased you will be fine keeping the heat up in your blind. Last year my kids and me carried the same load from the shotgun 1 opener untill my 8 year old shot his buck on christmas eve, but always kept it in the case. We just unzip it part way and put the cap in but dont take it out untill its time to shoot. By the time we get the earprotection on and the camera right whats another 20 seconds to get the gun uncased.Obviously this only works when watching a feeding area.

Mine stays in the truck unless it gets wet or something. Then I break it down and clean it. Put a primer in and fire it. Then load it up and hunt.

Top Bottom