Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzle loader bullet hard to push

hawkeyejr

I have a Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter 209X50 Magnum That i shoot triple 7 209 primers and 50/50 pellets with 250gr shock wave sabots and after I shoot its almost impossible to push the bullet in. Cleaning it after every shot helps but its kind of a pain in the butt and is kind of out of the question if i have to hurry and reload for another shot anyone have any suggestions on what i should do or what i should change for gear. Thanks for the help.

I switched to Barnes Spit-Fire TEZ's and found they load a lot easier in my TC. They're a little spendy, but they load & shoot great & from what I've read from people who use Barnes bullets on here, they do a great job bringing down the deer too!

I also use Blackhorn 209 powder, which makes a TON of difference between shots.

I know they say not to lube sabots, but you'd be amazed what just wiping some of the oil from the side of your nose on the sabot will do for loading. Give it a try next time.

If you want to keep shooting triple 7, I think you are stuck with that problem. Clean between shots or try another powder.

Some sabots just push harder than others, clean barrel or not. I switched to the Barnes Spit-Fire TEZ's as well and like them a bunch. Alot easier on the ramrod.

I had the same problem with my accura using 777.I tried a bunch of different bullets and sabots and finally realized it was the 777. Switched back to pyrodex and the problem went away.

I have the same problem with my Encore using Pyrodex pellets and Hornady sabots/slugs
I kinda figures it was fouling form the sabot melting to the inside of the barrel.

You could try MMP sabots. They make a sabot called the HPH-24 which is .002" smaller than the standard sized sabots. Makes for easier loading. Order just one pack and see if the loading and accuracy is up to your standards.

I switched to Barnes Spit-Fire TEZ's and found they load a lot easier in my TC. They're a little spendy, but they load & shoot great & from what I've read from people who use Barnes bullets on here, they do a great job bringing down the deer too!

I also use Blackhorn 209 powder, which makes a TON of difference between shots.

Iowadave hit the nail on the head. TC barrels run on the tight side so I had the same problem with my Encore. Switched to the Barnes and Blackhorn and now I have no problems loading. And my groups went from 3" to an 1".

You won't regret trying this combo. Same combo works great in my son's TC Omega.

gun

i shoot 777 and 195 sabot i can shot 3or 4 times before i have i prob then i have to clean it you might want to look at getting a starter to get that sabot in there then ramrod it

I only use Power Belts in my muzzy, i have tried other types but always go back to the .50 cal 295 grain copper hollow point aero-tip.

Top Bottom