Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muzzle loader question

I use knight solvent for the little bit that gets by my "Official" Knight velcro scope protector. It seems to do ok and I have not seen any harm done.

I like the idea of using the HS camo paper tape as a cheaper alternative to the spendy Knight protector. Good idea. I have Knight QD scope rings and mounts but do not trust them 100% at keeping zero after remounting.

You got it Bruno, I was out messin around and came across it. #13 cleaner white bottle with yellow print by T/C, awesome stuff! What I really like about it is that it doesn't have that strong "cleaner" smell that other solvents have. That and it works better than anything I've seen for a long time.

MW

I use the scope covers that snap down to protect the lens surfaces then flip out of the way when you want to shoot. They have a yellow see through surface when covering the lens so you can shoot through them if you need to for a real quick shot but know they are there if you have time to flip them out of the way. They are great for keeping rain, snow and debris off the lens for a clear view when you need it.

Guys, thanks again for the imput. I'll be buying a bottle of that #13 bore cleaner. Another reason I like this site, collectively, there's a lot of folks with knowlege and experience on this kinda stuff!

Another thing you might check out is a book called (I think) Black Power Loading Manual. I bought a copy at Barnes and Noble a few months after I got my first muzzleloader. It was since lent to a guy who was thinking about getting into muzzleloader hunting and lost in the fray.

It had a ream of info covering all different bullet types, with test data to show their effectiveness at different ranges and on different targets. It also had a few chapters about the effects of bullet seating, ignition, powder types, twist rates, and so on. Even had a chapter where they did pressure tests with short-started bullets and blew apart some pipes. Don't know if the library would have a copy or not, but it is certainly worthwhile.

Top Bottom