Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader Accuracy in cold temps?

Halfrack178

I have had some experience but i was wondering if it has happened to any one else. Have you experienced a change in accuracy with your muzzleloader when temps get colder? My case was subject to shooting low, had to re zero my scope. It was in single digit temps though

I've noticed a little impact movement, but nothing drastic. I tend to only shoot my gun a day or two before I need it so the temps are indicative of what I'll be hunting in.

I shoot a muzzleloader alot and i feel that 30-40 deg weather swings change things alot. I have seen up to 4 inch elevation changes butt no side to side change. Also incase some of you were woundering, I switched from TC Shockwave bullets to the Barnes Spit Fire T-EZ bullets and there is no comparision! The Barnes are awsome. Way more devistation with the Barnes over the TC.:D:D

I agree with Muddy. I have shot by gun during summer, fall, and winter months and had little to no change in my accuracy. However, to solve the problem it definitely helps to shoot somewhat close to the time you will be hunting.

p.s. Blackpowder72.... Great change on bullets!!!! I love my T-EZ's!!!

Top Bottom