Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader

My cousin has a TC omega muzzleloader that he never took the breech plug out n cleaned. Well ive been tryin to get it out and havent had luck, its seized in the gun. Ive sprayed PB blaster down the barrel n stood it up n let it soak for couple days n still no luxk, i tried it using liquid wrench also. Yesterday i heated it up and still no luck. Any of yaw know of a way that i could get it out or is it junk? I told him id throw it n the dumpster n buy new one. He should have his ass kicked for not cleaning it. Any help would b appreciated fellas

1/4 impact, if that doesnt work keep stepping up the size of the impact until you get it out or rip the threads out of the barrel.
Guaranteed to fix it or $#@k it up.
I keep all my breech plugs seprate from the guns during the offseason

Gun Smith can probably get it out (drilling or other method) and not scrap the gun. For the future, put copper anti-seize lubricant on the threads of the breach plug to help prevent it from seizing. This doesn't mean you don't take it out and clean it, it's just a good preventative measure.

Use some Sili-Kroil. Spray it down the barrel and on the end of the plug and let it soak for a few hours. Get on it with a pipe wrench and cheater bar.

I was given an older CVA hunterbolt by a brother-in-law who had done the same thing. I was told "you fix it - you own it". Took it to an area gunsmith - he didn't feel comfortable tackling the issue but recommended I send it into CVA and they could drill it out. Long-story short, CVA was great - fixed it for about $50 plus shipping and converted to a 209 ignition for an extra $25. This was about 8-10 years ago. I am sure it would be more $$ now but I can't complain about my ML gun cost one bit.:way:

I would contact T/C customer service and see if they would provide you with an estimate.

Top Bottom