Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloading Shotgun Help

M

mountain man

Somebody put a link up one time with load help. I have a CVA Trapper 12ga. I have shot 90 gr. pyrodex, wad, plastic shot cup, 90 gr.? of #6 shot and another wad. At 15 yards the thing shoots about 10" high and 6-8" to the right. Don't think it is ready for the turkeys yet. Thats after about 20 shots with a general swabbing after shooting. My shoulder is black and blue. Anybody have any suggestions or hints. Thanks.

CVA 12 GAUGES ARE KNOWN FOR THAT----THE ANSWER IS TO TRY BURRING THE FRONT BEAD AND BRINGING IT UP A BIT---AND I MEAN BURY IT. MY TC BLK MTN MAG 12 IS THE SAME AS MY CVA TRAPPER.
ABOUT THE WINDAGE----THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IN TEXAS( LEARN THE TEXAS WINDAGE THING) . ALSO AN ADJUSTABLE FRONT BEAD BY TRU GLO MAT SOLVE THE WINDAGE. HOPE DIDNT CONFUSE TOO MUCH

I don't know anything about CVAs but I have a Knight TK2000 and really like it. I load 110gr pyrodex and a shotcup for a 3 1/2 shell full of copper 6s, about 2oz. This shoots hard with a great pattern at 30 yards. Have you tried your gun at 25 or 30 yards? I would guess that it isn't high at longer ranges. I don't know what kind of sights you have but try to replace them with some kind of adjustable fiber optics. They really make a difference.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going in the a.m. to give it another try.

Top Bottom