Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy 125's

H

hershy

...I am new to this bowhunting stuff and would like some input...I am using a 3 bladed - 125 grain Muzzy Broadhead and have been under the impression that after the first shot with them you should not re-use them other than as a practice point...reading the Crimson Post it sounds as if some broadheads can be re-sharpened and re-used...can this be done with Muzzys?...I realize everything has its limits - my first bow deer was a broadsided double-lung that hit ribs on both sides and the broadhead is so chipped up it might not even be a good practice point anymore...just curious...

If its just the blades that are chipped you can buy replacements for them. Wouldnt bother trying to resharpen them.

i usually get new blades for my muzzy's. if the tip gets all dinged up i will file it and still use it. i have used the same tips on my muzzys for as long as i've had them. they still fly the same as usual.

...thanks guys...it was the blades that got chipped up...the nose is just fine...other than Cabelas where can I buy extra blades?...

I'm shooting 125 grain thunder heads, great heads! I've shot through the ribs a few times and none of my blades have chiped, and I haven't had to resharpen them.

jason

Top Bottom