Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy Drop away advice

G

gozzlin

I am shooting a Magnatec Bow with a Muzzy Drop away. I am an experienced whitetail hunter but this is my first year with a bow. I am shooting carbon arrows and when I would draw the bow I could hear the rub on the hard plastic. Not much noise, but too much to suit me. So I went to the bow show and sure enough they had a cover for the drop away. So we put it on, re-sighted the bow and it was quiet and I was happy. Today I practiced alot, and noticed that the cover started to peal off on the left side. I started looking at my fletching and sure enough it appears to be hitting on it. The Muzzy is equipped with two holes that the linkage can hook to. I am using the front hole that would appear to make it drop away a little less than the back hole. My question is can I simply move the linkage to the back hole and then resight the bow or is that back hole for a different bow design or something. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

hoooo boy. those muzzy drop aways are great but you need an engineering degree to play around with them. i'd take it to a pro shop before i loosened anything up on it. coming from a guy who worked in a pro shop those rests intimidated the heck outta me.

I had the same problem. If I remember right I had to turn the long adjustment screw in or out I cant remember without looking at it and i might have moved my noc to help. I know it didn't take much. I also had a cover but I took it off. I shot a buck saturday night it was dead calm and he was almost right under me and he didn't hear it. I also thought they might hear it. WHen you think you have your rest adjusted right take a little dust and sprinkle it on the rest if the fletching touches at all you'll see it. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I do have an engineering degree so
I'll probably mess with-it and then
take it to the pro shop. LOLOL
Thanks

My rest has two metal tongs/forks. What works good on them to keep the draw of the arrow quiet is fingernail polish. Maybe it won't work on your rest - I am not that familiar with it. My shrink tubbing stuff always burns off after multiple shots. Clear fingernail polish is cheap.

Top Bottom