Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy hunting over food plot

antlerfreak

Ok, so this is my first year going into late muzzy with food plots. I have some pretty sad looking bean plots, some turnip patches, and some rye and clover plots. for the most part they are all somewhat intertwined, but if you were to look at it on google earth it looks somewhat like a maze a crops through the brush and timber.
Now Im one of those guys that will not hunt something late season until I know theres something good coming out, unless I have zero bucks found, with only a couple days left. Then Ill go out and sit with my fingers crossed.
But like I said this is my first year having food plots, and the way they are layed out, I have no way of watching them from a distance, And if I go in close I can only see a couple plots at a time risking wind blowing into other plots.
Now I new this when I planted everything but really didnt have a choice as to where I put the plots, so my thoughts were to use trail cams starting about now until muzzy starts on every plot.
Heres my question, I know how skidish deer can be late season, (you spook them off once and they may not come back ever again, atleast in daylight) but is it even worse on food plots? will going in to check cams in the middle of the day, Leaving scent by the plots run my deer off or make them nocturnal?
Does anyone have any experiance with this type of setup?

Thanks

Top Bottom