Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 1st Elk (UPDATED)

DOUBLE LUNG

Well I headed out to CO to do a little elk hunting with some of my relation. Needless to say we had a great time. It is pretty hard not to enjoy the outdoors with relation. There were 8 of us hunting together and 5 of us harvested bulls. I didn't end up taking my bull till the last day. He was the only on that came in shooting distance. I will post pictures of the other elk when I get them. I don't have any field photos for the fact that it is bad luck to take a camera with you. We sure saw some great bulls. The biggest one that our group harvest was the one that my uncle took that was a 6x6 that scored 304" and my cousin julia forgot to take her safety off on a 6x7 that they figured would go 340". I will fill in the story later.
556Picture_029-2-thumb.jpg

Re: My 1st Elk

Congrats on the elk! That is something I have dreamed of doing since the early '80's. One of these days......

Congrats!!! I've been on two elk hunts (Colorado and Idaho) but have yet to get my first one. Nothing like being in elk country!

Congrats!
waytogo.gif
Elk hunting is tough and my hat is off to anyone who can get one in the freezer! Great eating for sure!!

Congrats!!!! Hell yea!!!! HCH BTW only 15% of the bow elk hunters score. The odds were stacked against you. I elk hunted last year and we were at 12,000 ft in SW CO and it was a tough hunt.

Top Bottom