Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 2012 Archery Buck - And best to date

shadowpeople

Well, it was a great day in the stand yesterday and it couldn't have worked out any better. I didn't know how much vacation time I would be able to take this year as work is very busy this time of year and only gets busier as it gets closer to the plant shutdown. So, I was really hoping to tag out this weekend to say the least.

I got to the stand which is new this year, as we switched from a ground blind setup to a tree stand on this 10 acre property (yes, it is the right ten acres). Had a few does come through and then a spike. Hour later I passed a young 130" ten, then passed a nice 9 pointer the following hour. After those two I had a little fork horn come in and hang around forever. I heard a couple bucks fighting up on the ridge to my east, which carried on for around fifteen minutes. A couple hours later I heard a grunt to my right, and saw this buck cruising the field edge. Threw a couple grunts at him, no interest, hit the can with a few tending grunts, he thinks about it a little more and carries on. I still don't know at this time if he's a shooter, so I still want a better look and only one option left. I wait a few minutes for him to get far enough away and out of sight so as not to let him peg my exact location or pick me out of the tree. The clashing of the horns must have struck a nerve, and he bee lined it back across the ditch, and proceeded to rake trees, make a scrape, and make a whole bunch of noise at about 70 yards. He began the puffed up stiff legged walk on the upper hillside trail which I knew would lead him by at 20 yards. He stepped in the lane and I smoked him with a ramcat (pun intended). He made one bound and stood there. I watched him get a little wobbly and start walking again. Got another shooting window and stuck him again. He bounded back to where he was originally standing and tipped over. The nice thing about ten acre pieces, it's always a short drag, and this one was all downhill. We never had this buck on camera, and he's my best to date.

Sorry, we were pressed for time as I had to help a friend of ours look for a deer he hit on Thursday night and was having trouble finding it. He had drill this weekend so he was limited on time as well. My pictures didn't turn out a good as I usually get.

Shot at 12:37 pm, scores around 160" gross. Thanks to my new wife for patching together my lucky shirt, that's 5 bucks now to its record. :)

c5aaf815baeb05061e91b28b5b720523.jpg

0f4fa27dc2cb22e977a18e05a544d3ec.jpg

Nice buck. Nice to see someone else with an item of lucky clothing, I still pack in my first floppy hat I wore for the first 20+ years of deer hunting.

Congrats

Paul Bunyan takes down an ox!! :D :D :D :way:

Great buck!! I would love to see one like that one in front of me soon.

Paul Bunyan takes down an ox!! :D :D :D :way:

Great buck!! I would love to see one like that one in front of me soon.

Thanks for the replies guys. Now that's funny! I do support the no shave November, although I usually start in September when the first hunting seasons start. I quit trimming it in October and it was starting to get out of control. Although, I must say, my bucks seem to grow every year as the beard seems to get longer and longer. Maybe next year I wont trim it from the start and have all kinds of luck?!

Top Bottom