Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

my 2015 gun hunt

Handcannon

Friday the 4th, my buddy & I set up my stand on a hill top in a corner of HP woods. Going down the hill, there is a narrow strip of CRP & a small chunk of woods called the CT. Then another narrow strip of CRP between CT & more woods named WP.
Opening morning, the 5th, I was in my usual spot in WP. By 11am I saw maybe 12 deer. Mostly does & a few smaller bucks. I decided to try my stand in the HP woods. As I walked past the CT, I could see it was FULL of deer! I continued to my stand. I watched deer for 2 hours filter in & out of the CT. I couldn’t take it anymore.

Location, location, location. At 3pm I moved my stand into CT. Got it all up & ready to go by 4pm.

Deer are coming & going, daylight is fading. I can see through the trees, 3 big bucks & 1 doe running around in another strip of CRP near me at about 4:30pm. All 4 deer entered the CT. 2 bucks went uphill, the doe & a buck came downhill to me. The doe was far ahead of the buck, she was almost in WP. I could clearly see just how wide the rack was on the buck & no broken tines. I got the buck stopped at 30 yards & let the Brenneke fly at 4:50pm. He ran about 60 yards & stopped at the edge of CT. He tipped to his right & then fell over on his left. It was a good shot, upper lungs & the slug past through him.

Also got to see an albino gray squirrel. Pure white, red eyes & pink ears.

The one on the right is mine.

3869-100_1523.1.jpg

When I found him.

3869-1205151708.1.jpg

Somebodies archery buck I found while walking the woods.

3869-1207150753.1.jpg

Top Bottom