Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 22 pointer

I don't think he was that old? He had the body size of a medium doe and there were basket rack deer 1 1/2 year old deer that was with him and they had bigger bodies,I looked at the teeth on him and they are all pointed and sharp.Going to have the CO look at it and see what he thinks.I don't think he can be much older then 2 1/2? I know it's a big rack for a 2 1/2 but I'll see what he thinks.

Guy on a neighboring property shot a 2 1/2 year old (cementum annuli)that grossed 178" as a 5x5 a few years back. Freakishly huge for that age.
He was bummed that it was so young, but it's a huge rack!

Congrats on an awesome buck!

Yes I have thought about that many times,What would he look like in a few years? Around here deer don't get much older then 2 1/2-3 1/2 years old when you have people shoot the first thing with antlers that come by,We have 1 mile sections here and everybody pretty much can hunt what they want as far as property.Between bow and late muzzy I have passed up well over 100 bucks,my kids and my wife deer hunt and ended up shooting does the last day of there seasons because they never had anything big enough to shoot,my wife got her doe the last day of 2 season with the muzz,she had 3 bucks with the does in the group but shot the biggest doe because the bucks weren't big enough.

yes - that can be frustrating. well 2 1/2 or 6 1/2 you still shot a buck in the 170's and not many can say they have done that

Top Bottom