Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 9 yr olds first turkey!

andesman

My son Tyler just turned 9 and on the saturday of the youth season got his first bird, we had 3 toms leave some hens and attack the decoy. I just started turkey hunting a couple yrs ago and have not got one yet. So you can imagine how pumped we were together!! He also found a nice 8 pt shed from an elusive buck we have video of that will score around 150" So he is hooked now. My family moved to Iowa in part because its a great place to raise our boys. looks like he is addicted to birds, bucks and fishing instead of video games, etc. He's planning on his 1st deer in september!!

7788-ty_turkey_044.jpg

7788-ty_turkey_042.jpg
7788-ty_turkey_040.jpg
7788-ty_turkey_025.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great way to kick things off!! I know turkey hunting with my dad is what got me started and has generated my best memories. Congrats!!

Love the pic with the bird slung over his shoulder. Great smile and memories for you both. Some pretty tasty eatin', too! Congrats to you both. Oh, and the shed find was a nice little "bonus"...

MO:way:

Top Bottom