Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Antelope Herd....

Liv4Rut

Last Pic I promise!!! I finally put them all out together and think they look pretty good. We will see!!
982-spread_3.jpg

982-spread_2.jpg

They will split up between a few guys. Not taking them all out at once. Been toying with the idea of setting them all up in one spot and then having blinds spread out all over so someone gets a shot but that may just be crazy lol.

Decoys look great. I can't believe how green your grass is. Either youve had a lot more rain than the rest of the country or you've been laying the water down.

You need to take them all and film the encounter... well, maybe not 'NEED', but it would be amazing to see!

Good luck, Mike!

The grass is pretty green East of Muscatine yet. We haven't put any water down. It may have greened up lately due to a few recent rain storms. I know in coralville my grass was dead but after the last couple rains I have had to mow it every week and it is as green as can be.

Liv - I'll second the notion that it would be awesome to see some video footage of you and your "flock" in action. :D I would just like to see the rig you will need to transport them all. :D You should be in a for an exciting hunt, good luck!!

Also, the grass was totally dormant and brown 2 weeks ago here in the Iowa City area, but the last couple of rains have restored almost all of the green. It's pretty amazing how that can change so fast.

I hear yah Daver, not sure how we will get them all out there yet lol. Might have to bring a deer cart with us. I would like to put them all out at once just to see what kind of reaction we get. i made up really small horns for the buck so I can't imagine a big buck wouldn't flip out.

Dang Mike! I tried not to open this thread, cause I did not want to bum out, not antelope hunting this year, but I had too, and the herd looks awesome! When are you leaving for Ne.?

Next year if you and your group want to try around Gillette I would love to see the reaction from those goats. 10 years ago anytime between the 17th and 30th of sept. the boss antelope guarding their harems would almost always come chargeing into the Dutton decoy, but now on the public BLM they are alot more catious. Those would work though.

I am leaving Late Sept 13th and returning late Sept 14th. Kind of bummed right now as I called out there and 88,000 acres is currently on fire. A lot of stuff we hunt is burning right now. Hoping the goats will be concentrated in areas we can hunt but so would the hunters. I am just hoping any buck comes into the set up. I am not picky!! I would love to go out to Gilette area some time, that would be a blast!!

You are only getting one day away? Man I thought I was screwing myself last year with only 3 full days. Fire, drought, rifles, then winter, I don't know how they do it.

Next year we are gonna pay a tresspass fee to get away from all the energy work on the BLM, but still be hunting the same antelope, except now we will be in the mule deer hills, where they head every morning off the BLM wheat and alfalfa. No matter how much energy work is going on we still see a ton of antelope and get lots of opportunity.

Good luck, this late I can't see anything good from the fires.

Ooops that was a typo, we are leaving late next thursday and coming home late on monday. We should have 3 full days of hunting. We will see how it goes. I dont expect too much but plan to have a good time.

Mike, looks freakin awesome. Looking forward to seeing some pics from your upcoming hunt.

Kratz

Liv, if you need a place to leave your truck again let me know. You're more than welcome to leave it here.

Top Bottom