Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Biggest 8 Point Harvest

Jethro

Well guys i finally got my buck last night that i have been hunting for 3 weeks. I got in the stand about four and the deer were already moving. Around five i noticed a button buck coming down the fence row toward me and finally got to within 10 yards of the stand. I was already stood up with bow in hand. I watched him feed in front of me for about five minutes when i noticed movement to my left. At first i thought it was a doe until he stepped out in the open about 40 yards out and stopped. That's when buck fever started. This is closest i have seen this deer and realized he was bigger than what i thought. I grunted softly two times on the true talker and here he came right toward me. It was what we all dream about buck walks in, walks behind a bush, steps out in the open 15 yards out. I settled my twenty yard pin on him he stopped slightly quartering toward me and i released. Perfect shot right behind the shoulder blade. He ran off about fifty yards and stopped then slowly walked out of sight. I waited about 15 minutes and when i started to get down i heard the crash in the timber. I figured he was dead but i pulled out and waited two hours before going after him. We found him at the same spot i heard the crash. He was bigger now than before i shot him. His G2 on the left is 13 1/4" long and the G2 on the right is 12 1/2" long. He is one i am very proud of. Sorry this is so long but i'm still a little excited. I'm trying to get pictures for you guys to see.
grin.gif

Edited by Iowa Whitetail

10PTBKMA.jpg

Congratulations!

I can definitely understand the buck fever, I'm glad you kept control and made the shot though.

thats a great looking deer congratulations on a great hunt.

HEY MAN CONGRATS THATS A GREAT 8, good shooting, and a great hunt. good luck to everyone that still has a tag!! i wish i still had one, i filled mine on a small 5 the 11th day into the season. that was the dumbest thing i've done in awhile!!

congrats on your great buck. all those tines are about the same length. very nice buck

That is a HAWG of an 8 pt !!!!! Congratulations!!!! He will make an awesome mount.........
wink.gif

congrats on the buck, he is a beauty, i hope i have the luck that you did and have a buck like that walk in front of me.

Hey guys thanks for all your congrats. Me and a buddy of mine did a rough green score last night and came up to around 145 to 148 plus or minus. Not that i really care all that much about the score but it's nice to know. Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend..

Top Bottom