Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My biggest mount back..finally

sw outdoor nut

These are some pics from my mount I just got back. I shot a doe first than this big boy 10 minutes later on Nov 8th @ 9 am. I will have a hard time topping this one, but I will love trying.
BowBuckNov08005.jpg

Bowbuck09001.jpg

Pretty cool mount! He is an awesome buck with some sweet character! I like the lip curl! Who did the taxidermy?

S.I., I am going to get him scored by an officail scorer next week. The whole typical versus non-typical thing on the scoring has me a little puzzled when I try to score him. I will let you guys know.

A friend of mine help me build the pedestal and the mount was done by a taxidermist in SC Nebraska. He has done another buck and a pheasant for me and they turned out great. I do have some issues with this mount. THere is some air under the cape at the base and the way the hair lays on the right base looks out of place to me. I am going to get a second professional opinin this week.

Anyone care to guess what he will score? thanks!

sweet

Nice buck! The mount looks pretty good to me from what I can see. You can get that air out with a syringe. Once the air is out though you will need to inject some hide paste in their and card it down untill it dries. If you were close to me, I would give you some hide paste to use.

Corey

Top Bottom