Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Bow Kill Mount from Hoch's Taxidermy

All, Here is my mount from Hoch's Taxidermy in Dallas, Iowa!! I wanted something different so I went with the open mouth lip curl! I thought it looked so damn good I would share some photos with the rest of you!! A big Thanks goes out to Marlin and the boys for doing GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!
79105_Bow_Kill_Mount_Pic_2-med.JPG
79105_Bow_Kill_Mount_Pic_1-med.JPG

79105_Bow_Kill_Mount_Pic_3-med.JPG

T$

Very nice mount. I've always wanted to do a lip curl mount but just have never done it. May have to plan for that next year. Impressive.

Great looking mount.Seen some new type form's at the taxi man's last night.Look's like they might be starting to look for new way's of doing stuff as far as realistic looking turn's with fold's in the skin and stuff like that.

Thats an awesome position for a mount. Mine will be done in about a month and it is pretty similar to yours. Mine is a wall / pedestal mountwith the cloth back on it. I got the open mouth with the upright head as if he is working a scrape. It shood look awesome. I will post pics when I get it back.

Thats a good looking deer, it really turned out awesome. I see you found a spot to hang it. haha. Hopefully your next deer is as good as that one.

Sweet mount!! I have one with the open mouth, I like it alot!!! I also like the big shed in the corner.
laugh.gif

Great lookin mount! It's kind of freeky though. ha, ha Look at the buck's right eye. It's set back a bit and it seems like he's looking RIGHT at you!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great lookin mount! It's kind of freeky though. ha, ha Look at the buck's right eye. It's set back a bit and it seems like he's looking RIGHT at you!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the same thing i noticed about its eye, is that a taxidermy flaw

No that is not a taxidermy flaw....the eyes are rotated so that it makes the deer look as though he is looking off to the side...the effect is called "wide or rotated eyes"...many hunters have their mounts done like this to give the deer some facial character......NOT A FLAW...just some character

That is definately not a flaw. Its called the "white eye rotation." It gives the deer a very unique expression. Look at any quality work and you will see different expressions, if the taxidermist is talented enough to do it.

Yeah, definiatley not a flaw at all! That is one of the best mounts I have ever seen! Props to Hoch Taxidermy on that big boy....the work just keeps getting better and better, and I am continually impressed.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess i have never really looked close enough at the eye aspect to really notice but it popped out in those pictures. Thanks

That mount just screams "QUALITY WORK" at you doesn't it!! You gotta love great taxidermy work!! Believe me that is no flaw! Marlin doesn't pass on flaws!!
White in the eyes is the only way to go! Gives them character!
T$

Like i said before it just looks different to me and i really didnt notice the eyes before and it just stood out more on this mount. I can see why you have a $ is your signature also

Top Bottom