Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My deer season in a nutshell...

Buckmaster14

6pt2.jpg

6pt.jpg

7point3.jpg

7point.jpg

Not too interesting of a story but here goes:

6 pointer..

Was hunting with my girlfriend in my box blind i put up looking over my small half acre food plot. I have winter wheat, red clover, winter peas, and purple top turnips. The turnips did not last long, half way through the growing season they turned dark purple in their leaves and dissapeared...

Well, shortly after daylight, i caught a glimse of a deer on the back corner of the food plot. I told my girlfriend to get ready. Shortly after i said that, it ducked into the woods. I hit the grunt call a few times and it popped back out directly in front of us at 45 yards. I could see antlers on its head, but i knew it wasnt very big.... I told her that i was probably going to let it walk... and i saw her sink down into her chair, dissapointed.
I asked " Do you want me to shoot him?" Her face lit up and she whispered YES! I told her to cover her ears and eased the muzzleloader out the window of the blind. He had closed the distance and was now half way across the plot, standing in a mock scrape i had put in on the right side of the plot. He was quartering to me, and i put the sights on his shoulder and fired. As the smoke cleared i saw the deer enter the woods on the lower right end of the plot.
It was all i could do to keep her in the blind for a few more minutes... i told her at that angle, anything could have happened, and we need to give it a few minutes. Well, we got out and went lookin... couldnt find any blood at first, but finally picked up a VERY small trail. The blood trail lasted about 40 yards and stopped, so i started circling the property... I ended up finding him 200 yards from the food plot.. I had pulled off a little bit and hit him behind the shoulder, angling the bullet up through his gut.
I normally wouldnt have burned a buck tag on a deer that small, but what the woman says, goes :)

7 point:

Friday of thanksgiving weekend i was set up in a 2 man stand watching a creek bottom. It was a fairly cold morning... low 30s. I had made something that evaporates deer urine, and the steam will carry off with the wind... Before i got in the stand that morning, i had set it out with special golden estrus. The wind was blowing left to right..
Day light broke, and at 715 a few squirrels had my attention making noise down the holler. Then i heard something to my right. I looked over in time to see a deer walkin down the hill about 50 yards off. He had committed to the Special golden estrus, but hit my scent and bugged out. i saw his 4 point side and stopped him... i thought he was a pretty nice 8 pointer. I shot, he ran down the hill and across the creek. I waited a few minutes and climbed down. Found no blood, but i knew he was hit so i just walked where he ran. i found him about 45 yards across the creek. I was a little dissapointed when i saw his right side only had 3 points, but it was still a decent 2.5 yr buck. And the 2nd biggest buck i have killed in North carolina.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom