Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My First Buck

SWIADEERHNTR

Come 'on Next Season....
Well, I got my first buck Saturday night. There were about 35 deer in the field, 2 bucks and he was the larger of the two. Came out of the timber 80 yds away and turned away from me and was 250-300 yds away. A snortwheeze and grunt sequence got him to turn around and come back towards me. With about 10-15 mins of shooting light left, he turned broadside at 60 yds and I took him! He didn't go 10ft and was down. We rough measured him in the garage and he grossed 128" (8 point). I was very happy for my first buck and can't wait until next year to go at it again with a muzzleloader!

Sorry, I didn't get any great pics...guess those are the things you learn as you have these opportunities. Next time I will be more prepared to take better pics. The first one was the next morning, the second was when we got him home.

10322-p1030171_cropped.jpg

10322-dscf5924_small.jpg

Yea, not the typical 160+ monsters I see on here a lot, but for my first I buck was thrilled. It was a great time.

You should be thrilled, it's a great buck. I too had a bit of a learning curve regarding pics. I think my first good buck I was sitting on him or something like that... Anyways, congrats and keep after it!!!

Well done....better than my first and the whole thing...pictures to harvests is a learning curve that never stops. Great job.

Take my advice and do not hold yourself...

Yea, not the typical 160+ monsters I see on here a lot, but for my first I buck was thrilled. It was a great time.

to someone else's standard. That is a nice buck, especially for your first one. Congratulations and be happy with him!! Many hunters would be glad to trade places with you!

nice first buck, and don't sweat the pictures. Besides look on the bright side you got a nice buck and he's winking at you in the picture!

Top Bottom