Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My First Spring Turkey

M

mark patten

On Saturday April 15th my brother Pat (TrapperPat) and I decided to travel down to Page County and hunt some spring turkeys with our older brother Ron (blake) & our nephew Ryan (Songdog).

I paired up with Ron, we set up his blind, put out a spread of decoys, and started calling. We heard gobbling activity all around us at dawn. We waited for fly down, but no birds came to our seductive calling?
frown.gif

We did see several young tom’s working away from us at 200 yards, so we put the sneak on them.

The results: I got my first gobbler, he was a young bird, but I was very pleased with him. We found out that he had a triple beard when we started to dress him.

It was a fun hunt!
smile.gif

6446mark06.jpg

6446mark06b.jpg

6446triplebeard.jpg

Congratulations Mark!
waytogo.gif

I sure did enjoy that hunt little brother. The look on your face when that bird dropped in his tracks was <font color="red">PRICELESS</font>.
grin.gif

By the way, welcome to iowawhitetail.com
smile.gif

I was with songdog that day. We had a great morning, talk about birds. I blew it like usual but later heard a shot that we knew came came from Mark and Ron. I hoped it was true and found out it was later. Great job Mark I am truley tickeled that you got one as I know how much you wanted to.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I sure did have a good time hunting with you last Saturday Uncle Mark.
smile.gif

Nothing like getting that first bird under your belt.
grin.gif

Top Bottom