Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My first!!!!!!!

Doubleaarc hery

So Sunday morning, and I leave at 230 again! It was so foggy and the drive was horrible, but we were dedicated to making something happen! We hit the Jones county line and the fog is completely cleared! We noticed walking in that we actually had shadows for the extremly bright moon! Figuring we are screwed we push on for our 3/4 mile walk in to the field we know birds have been roosting on!

We quickly and quietly set up and get into the blind. Just as we are about the start the morning interview(still a good 45 mins before birds should even gobble) we hear a thunderous Gobble!! It was strange but good lord did it ever get the blood pumping!

We finished the interview got the blind opened up and not 10 mins later, the fog caught up! It was Horrible and you could see about 40 yards around the blind! The birds began gobbling and we quietly made some calls on the new "Lights Out Slates"!

Minutes later there is a gobble that seems far to close to be from the roost! Neither Mike nor I knew much about turkeys but had heard about "drumming" We kept hear a strange noise behind us, so we finally peaked!! And there he was about 10 yards behind us in full strut!!!

We basically went quiet. With one or two occassional soft clucks or purrs and in a matter of mins he was on our left, about 2 yards away!

Finally the nice bird worked into our hen flock and keyed in on the Jake. While walking over he suddenly saw the Pretty boy! He locked in and walked right over! Now in strut at about 7 yards I draw and shoot! WHACK 2inch rage smacks him and he flies off! But not far. We keep the camera rolling as the lumenock glows just to the left of the pretty boy! This Bird immediately circles back! Figuring my pretty boy had attacked him he comes back PISSED!!! He walks around the decoy and finally as I am renocking he jumps and kicks the crap out of it!! Just blasts it!! He left blood and everything all over the decoy! He keep struting after attacking so I drew back and smoked him again!!! This time with a 1.5 Spitfire! He jumps off and runs out about 40 yards! Mike and I can't believe he was still up!

I quickly nock another arrow as he works away from us through the field! I kneel down through a side wind and SMOKE him a 3rd time with a 2 3/4 inch buck blaster and he jumps up tries to fly and takes off running through the field! We blast out of the blind and run him down! After 20 mins or so we finally find the bird and the celebration begins!! We just shot a huge TOM and had the coolest footage in the world!!

All three arrows were decent shots, All three blew through him and he was still able to run!! Man what a tough bird!!

The grass was very wet, so the pictures really don't show how nice he was! He had an 11 inch beard with 1 inch spurs and weighed over 25 lbs!!!!

Man what a hunt!!!!!

Sorry for the long story, but it was truly incredible!!

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

good lord... that one hit is a bit forward and all breast meat, but DAMN, can't believe he took three.

well done possum killer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good lord... that one hit is a bit forward and all breast meat, but DAMN, can't believe he took three.

well done possum killer </div></div>

LOL

On the video you can see the second shot is bad. He was facing us and I hit to the right.! But I must admit, for a bird I was pretty shaken up! It isn't ever day you get a second shot less than 2 mins after just taking the first!!! I pulled it now doubt!!! LOL

Nice job Andy. Three meat cutters and he was still kickin...........

Sounds like a bow issue to me........... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job Andy. Three meat cutters and he was still kickin...........

Sounds like a bow issue to me........... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

OUCH!!

HOLY CRAP!!!! ITS ACTUALLY A TURKEY!

nice job andy.

(not going to mention the "bow issue")
lol

Blood bath!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif It sounds like you were a little excited Andy! Good job man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job Andy. Three meat cutters and he was still kickin...........

Sounds like a bow issue to me........... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

Yup, I am thinking about getting a different bow for Turkey season! Most other brands don't have enough power to pass through a turkey!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif LOL

Top Bottom