Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My hunt yesterday evening

BigBassLJP

Im relatively new to hunting. I moved to Iowa from Louisiana 2 years ago and prior to that I never had much hunting time with my job. My experience prior to taking up bow hunting last year was sniping does 300yrds out with a high powered rifle. I must say bow hunting is much more of a rush. I made it out yesterday afternoon and had one of the most enjoyable hunting trips to date. I had deer all over me. Had a few does come in 40 yards from my stand, graze on a few green leaves for a awhile and them bed down right behind my stand. Had a little spike come out and jump up the does before going a ways just out of site. After sitting a little longer a small 6 came out and hung out just under my stand for a while. Thats when the fun began. That spike came running back in and proceeded to tick horns with the little six right under my stand. What a freaking blast. Right at dark another doe came in, but it was a little to dark to see and I couldnt tell if I was looking at her gut or her chest so I decided not to let the arrow fly. It was truely amazing watching the timber come alive so up close and personal. After my big miss the other day, yesterday reminded me what hunting was all about. I can't wait to get out this weekend.

You described exactly what I love about bowhunting. Relaxed deer doing what they would naturally be doing even if I wasn't there. I had hunted other methods prior to bowhunting but pressured deer, running away, or to me, just didn't have the same feel. Give me a fall day, watching deer from an elevated position, doing what they do......that is what I yearn for each year!:way:

I'll warn ya though, it can become addicting!!!!;)

Can't wait till morning.

I love sitting in a stand this time of year, getting a shot is just a bonus!!!:D

Bowdude

Top Bottom