Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Iowa archery season...

Bukmastr

I live in S.E.Wisc. so its a long trip out to Iowa. Opening weekend I saw a ton of deer. I almost shot a nice buck, but was glad I didn't when I figured out the huge drop tine it sported was really a corn stalk. Here is a pic from my video footage
grin.gif
If you look close, you can see me in my ol Lone Wolf stand.
understand1.sized.jpg

I did not get back till rut. I blew an opertunity at a monster 14 point aT point blank range... Maybe a bit to close, but he just wouldn't turn till he was right underneith me smelling where I walked in. Never was good at the straight down shots. Oh well. A couple days later a nice 8 point came in. I wasn't gonna take him, but my buddy was filming for me and I had another camera mounted on my bow and he just stood there underneith us perfect with the cameras running, he was P&Y anyway so I took him
grin.gif

Here he comes, just take another step...
8-point.jpg

Thats right, look the other way while Dan draws his bow
grin.gif

8-point-1.jpg

As the arrow slides through his lungs.
8-point-2.jpg

I get the buck crashing on the bow cam, as Barry lost veiw. We both were filming so we have awesome footage from two different angles.
8-point-3.jpg

One down
8-point-4.jpg

8-point-5.jpg

Looking back over the draw at my set up.
8-point-6.jpg

Dan,
Glad to have you here at iowawhitetail.com... I visit bloodbro.com from time to time as well. Welcome! Great deer!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom