Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My new deer hoist

ReinertsonTaxidermy

I don't have any place at my house to hang, skin, and cape out deer so my buddy made this for me. It's like the one you see n the Cabelas catalog but with more features and heavier duty. The pieces join together with round steel tuning so you can unlock it and swing your deer into the bed of you pickup. It takes down and easily fits in a 5.5ft bed.
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

We picked up a 600 pound generator like it was nothing. I told him he should make more of these things so I thought I would judge the interest on this site. If all goes well I will be caping a nice one on this thing in a couple weeks.

Sweet Rig. you should see me trying to load deer into the back of my GMC jimmy... I'm getting too old for that.

To skin, I use a 880lb hoist that I bought at Harbor Freight. Hangs in my garage.

I would recommend a 45 degree angle support at the top of that unit as well.

I like that... Nice work.. I also recommend a gusset on that upper arm, other than that, that thing looks awesome

Looks like it should work great. What is the height from the ground to top?

With the extension it is 9 feet off the ground.

I asked my buddy about the brace on the top and he said the way the pullies are with the weight distribution blah, blah, blah. He said he would put one on just in case I ever need to hoist a bull moose!

Looks great. I would like to have one that swivels at the top just to load deer in and out of the truck.

Looks great. I would like to have one that swivels at the top just to load deer in and out of the truck.

The swivel point has to be below the cranking mechanizim so the weight is distributed

Nice rig, but mine from Cabela's (and I think all of them ) swivel into the truck bed too. and I only paid about 50.00 for the floor model with a couple scratches....score.

Looks really good, wouldn't it rotate just the way it is already with that lower joint set up?

I like it!:way:

Top Bottom