Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Oct 7th buck

biggest buck

picture.php

I wasn't gonna post this when I shot him but after reading some of the posts on Deer nuts thread (will you post your harvest), I decided what the hell. The day I shot this young buck was my first day in the stand and I myself did not really know why I had taken a buck this size way before the rut. Never the less, I shot him and was extremely happy as I had never taken a buck in October. (I guess God knew what was coming for me in the next few weeks.) Yes I thought many times since then, why did I shoot that buck when I know there are bigger ones around and I had acquired a few hundred acres of ground in Harrison County just down the road a ways from where I had seen pics of a giant with multiple drop tines.
Anyway this day my hunt was the best I had ever had. 6 bucks, all fighting for almost an hour until the does came onto the scene. Then all hell broke loose. The bucks went crazy chasing one doe in particular. This buck was the largest and he presented me with an 18 yard quartering away shot and I let him have it. The rage broad head did it's job and the buck went about 50 yards, made a big circle and dropped!
Later that morning I posted pic's on my Facebook page and received a couple negative comments on his size, so I didn't post him here because I knew I'd get beat up. But like I said, after reading Deernuts post and what I have been thru the last 3 weeks (hell) I am posting him with pride! I'm guessing he only scores 130 if that. Definitely not one of my biggest bucks as some of you are aware. But he gave me one heck of a good time in the stand that morning!
Sorry about the sideways pic, I can't seem to edit the photo from my phone and don't have access to a computer here at the hospital.

Congrats Biggest Buck!

I consider how the hunt happened as part of the memory along with antler size; sounds like it was an awesome day in the field. :way:

Awesome story and great deer. Do what feels right to you and don't worry about the negative people in life. Best of luck with your recovery!!!!!

Nothing wrong with that buck or the story. With all you've been through kinda seems a little trivial to get upset over the size of an animal we all enjoy chasin around the countryside. Glad to see things are lookin up for you, finish your trip back to good health and shoot several more in the coming seasons. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Thanks for sharing. Who gives a sh!t what it scores. Its about the thrill of the hunt and it sounds like he got you all excited! He looks to carry his mass very well. Congrats!

Congrats! I've been in the woods a couple times when a herd of bucks have run through chasing a doe. Its awesome to say the least! Being able to add to the story of seeing that action is perfect!

Congrats Biggest Buck!

I consider how the hunt happened as part of the memory along with antler size; sounds like it was an awesome day in the field. :way:

EXACTLY!! I'm just glad to see you posting again. Great buck and great story, Craig!

Top Bottom