Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My shotgun turkey

Shovelbuck

Today was Nebraska's opening day of shotgun. I was bummed that I had to work today but planned on going out this evening to put some to bed, then hunt hard tomorrow.
When I arrived, two toms and about six hens were feeding out in an alfalfa field. After a quick plan of attack was put in place, I snuck in from the back side of a shelterbelt, stepped out, and BOOM !!! Shotgun tag filled.
I've shot my share of turkeys with muzzleloader shotguns, but this year I thought it would be fun to use my old side by side with some vintage paper shells. Those old number four's still pack a punch.
552gun_and_turkey.JPG

You never cease to amaze me with your hunting lifestyle. Congrats on a great hunt...still able to hunt with the bow?

Old Side by Side=priceless

"Antique" paper shells=priceless

Turkey harvest=priceless

Nebraska turkey license= $20?

Putting a little different spin on things are we, Shovel?
grin.gif

very nice bird! and really cool that you got to take him with the old sxs! congrats

Thanks for the kind words everyone. After going through the photos I found this one that I missed last night. I think it's a bit better.

552Copy_of_turkey_and_gun.JPG

Top Bottom