Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Thanksgiving morning buck ....

KANSAN

PMA Member
On Thanksgiving morning, I got into my stand before legal shooting light. As legal shooting light approached, I heard something to my right and saw a very large-bodied buck walking about 100 yards away. The deer looked massive, fairly tall-framed, and it looked as if he was a giant fork horn. I waited ten minutes or so, as the deer walked away. When it was legal to shoot, I pulled my rattling antlers off the limb in front of me and crashed them together. Within minutes, the same buck came in to my calls. He stopped 20 yards away, facing me and looking for the fight. After a tense staredown, he turned completely broadside with his head blocked behind two trees. I drew back with the Z7 Xtreme and shot him through the heart. 80 yards later, I found him. He was just a big, old brute that I've never seen before. He won't score well at all, but I'm quite happy with him. Probably the oldest buck I've ever shot....and he's going to look good mounted on the wall!!!

2012112295105506.jpg

A huge 4 or even 6 is one of my goals of whitetail harvests in my life and one similar to that would definitely work! Awesome deer congrats!

That would have to be a "pass" with antler point restrictions, but to me, a once in lifetime trophy, Someday I'd love to shoot one big 4 or big 6!!

Good buck!!!

Top Bottom