Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My two wallhangers

That was the saddest part of me killing this deer
We did not know alot about the buck but when we got this hog up we could not pass on a shot at him. The taxidermist and myself looked at the teeth and I did alot of research about them online and we think he was around the 3.5-4 yr old rangem their just was not alot of wear or decay on his teeth.

WOW, that would be something if he was that young. I was told by a biologist that sometimes he really wonders about the aging by teeth in places where the deer eat a lot of corn and soybeans, he said he thought those deer didn't get the tooth wear because of the softness of the food. There is a place you can send in the front two bottom teeth and they'll age it exactly (supposedly) http://www.deerage.com if you still have the teeth you may think about trying it, that would be incredible if that deer was only 3 or 4 years old but with that mass i'd have to wonder. Not doubting you at all just seems like a ton of mass for a deer that young. Thanks again for sharing what a brute, and congrats. again.

I am not sure the next time I will be heading home from school, I may stop in and see if the taxidermist does still have the teeth. Seeing him on the wall at the classic though he did seem to be a relatively young deer compared to alot of the others.

Top Bottom