Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mythical "space"

Depending upon shot angle and so forth, I think you may only catch one lung that far back OR even no lungs, that might be a liver shot or stomach shot. I think a shot right there kills that deer, but it may be quite awhile after he was hit.

Also, I want to thank everyone for a courteous discussion, even where there might be some difference of opinion. I think it speaks well of IW members for threads like this not to devolve into arguments and such.

Correct. If taken at a severe angle, a shot in that circle may well only catch 1 lung and could easily get liver & guts too. Can't really miss lung completely there. Now whether hitting just 1 lung is fatal or not is a discussion for another time. :D:D:D

Correct also on the IW members. There is another Iowa chat site one could visit if you felt like dealing with a buncha ash wholes..:way:

Not to hyjack, but it was a weird deal. He was uphill a little so I was only slightly angled. He kicked his hind legs up like a heart shot. And blood was splattered all over on both sides like a textbook lung hit. Bright red blood, but not pink or frothy. All I know is that he should have been toast, but for whatever reason he lived through it. All I know is that you can't live without your lungs , so I had to have missed them somehow.

Top Bottom