Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE Iowa floods with pictures

moosehunter

PMA Member
Theres alot of water here.

Spillville waste water lagoon underwater

Pic007.JPG

Trying to keep the storm sewers pumped down.
Pic0091.JPG

Spillville park and Inwood underwater
Pic011.JPG

A house next to the park.
Pic012.JPG

Northwest side of downtown Decorah.
Pic015.JPG

Turkey River east of Fort Atkinson. Volunteers were hauling dirt bulding a dike
Pic017.JPG

Little Turkey in Wacoma
Pic019.JPG

Pic022.JPG

Pic0251.JPG

Little Turkey over a dam thats normally a 12 to 15 foot drop
Pic035.JPG

Pic036.JPG

And it's still freaking raining. Drove around the upper iowa north of Waukon by Dorchester and it's real nasty. I'll post pics soon.

I was out by the Coralville Reservoir dam/spillway. It's about 1 foot 2 inches from going over the spillway and about 5 or 6 feet from matching 1993.

WOW. The Mississippi down here in Burlington was flooded earlier this year but it went down into its banks. Then Wednesday and it came up out of its banks again but its nothing like it was earlier this year. Looks like we may be getting it again when that water up north makes its way down here. Hopefully it will hold off for SteamBoat days this week.

Looks to be a pretty wide spread problem this year.

I voluteered to fill sand bags for 4 hours this afternoon, trying to protect Mayflower dorm from the rising waters.

Charles city is getting hammered right now. The cedar is out of its banks. Mason City is shutdown as well. I hope it all ends soon.

Here in Charles City, its just about as bad as 99'. Haven't heard yet what the current level is but there's alot of building's taking in water. I just found out a couple of minutes ago that they're closing the main street bridge and the other one was closed a few hours ago. That means our town in split in two!

hoofline.gif

Great photos Perry, thanks for sharing with us. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I need to get out and get some pic’s of the flooding down this way. The Nodaway is way over it’s banks down here. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">incredible pics Perry. This stuff sucks. </div></div>

couldnt have said it better myself

I just heard from a reliable source, that the city of Cedar Falls just put out a press release stating they expect the dike to fail and the entire downtown area is expected to flood. Things are looking pretty grim up that way.

Top Bottom