Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE Iowa Taxidermists

WNC Shedhead

My Dad has recently re relocated to NE Iowa by Decorah and killed a really nice buck on Wednesday that he would like to have mounted. It has been 10 years or more since he had one mounted and has no idea who to take stuff too in the area. He doesnt mind paying a little more if the quality is exceptional-bad taxidermy stays bad a long time!
Any suggestions would be appreciated. He plans on spending all of Saturday finding someone to take it too, even if he has to go to 3 or 4 places to find what he wants.

Thanks for the replies!!!!

Shedhead

i'm in decorah, check out bakken taxidermy in racine. its about a hour north. did mine last year and it looked awsome. google search him lots of good pics on his page.

I recommend Jeff at Big Rig River taxidermy in Lansing. He used to (maybe still does) judge taxidermy competitions and his brother that handles the capes does the cape prep for other area taxidermists. In 2010 he did my 2008 buck that I dropped off at another taxi. I picked up the frozen cape, dropped it off by Jeff, and couldn't believe how well it turned out. I have brought him two others since. He charges about $475 for a shoulder mount.

http://www.bigrivertaxidermy.org/

I would recommend Dan Beck of Safariland Taxidermy located in Elkader Ia. Top notch you will not be disappointed.

I like Aaron at Timber and River Taxidermy. Monona address but near Clermont/Elgin area. 563-380-3085. He does a nice job and treats you right.

I would recommend Aaron Grimes, Big Timber Taxidermy. You won't find a better guy to work with or Dan Burkhart in west union. Not sure if dan is still taking deer or not. I have used both and have been nothing but pleased.

Aaron Grimes just east of Clermont heading to Gunder. Great guy that does great work! Send me a pm if you need his number.
Otherwise, just make the trip to Solon. Joe Meder is one of the best I guess.

Aaron Grimes did my last two, he's a good guy and does a nice job. Plus he lives about 2 miles from me, so that was a plus as well.

Unsure of the guys name but he is in Denver, just southeast of waverly... he did 3 giants for our shotgun group 5 years ago. My dads was 164" 8pt, Lou had a 176" nontyp, and Jer had a 210" (gross scores).. and they all turned out better than expected.. he was $500 then so I'm sure hes that if not more now..

I will say that if I tag a 170"+, ill be taking it to him no doubt

I've had heads done by Jeff at Big River and Dan at Safariland both do top notch work. Heying in New Hampton is also very good...

Top Bottom