Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE Iowa Taxidermy

2dblind

Jus looking to gain any info on a great taxidermist in this part of the state. anyone know anything about safariland taxidermy in Elkader or ne iowa taxidermy in waukon? if anyone has other suggestions don't be shy. I'm new to the Decorah area and I'm looking for someone closer then my normal guy that is 2 hours away now.

There was a post asking the same thing a little while back. Try doing a search and see if you can find it. there was some good recommendations on there. I personally use aaron grimes at big timber taxidermy in Elgin and have been very pleased.

Jeff Morris of Big River Taxidermy in Lansing is top notch. Dan Beck at Safariland is also top notch. I've had deer done by both. Chris Heying in New Hampton is also very good. I've heard a lot of good about Grimes too...

Jeff Morris of Big River Taxidermy in Lansing is top notch. Dan Beck at Safariland is also top notch. I've had deer done by both. Chris Heying in New Hampton is also very good. I've heard a lot of good about Grimes too...

Big +1 on Chris Heying. He's done a buck and a bass for me, a crappie for my brother previously. I have a buck there now, so does my brother, and our other brother has a duck there. He does great work and very affordable.

there's shannon mcguine in guttenberg he was taught by joe meder, not sure what his place is called though. i know hes won 1st place in iowa numerous times for his heads.

Might be close to the 2 hr drive that you're looking to avoid but Trent Meyer at Backwoods Taxidermy in Sabula is awesome!

well dedgeez I'm kicking it around. u just need to walk out there and shoot one. not all this fussing around that u do.

Jus looking to gain any info on a great taxidermist in this part of the state. anyone know anything about safariland taxidermy in Elkader or ne iowa taxidermy in waukon? if anyone has other suggestions don't be shy. I'm new to the Decorah area and I'm looking for someone closer then my normal guy that is 2 hours away now.

2dblind, Sent you a message, thanks.

Last edited:
Chris heying. Heying taxidermy in New Hampton. There are 5 on my wall that are second to none. Pretty cheap.

Chris heying. Heying taxidermy in New Hampton. There are 5 on my wall that are second to none. Pretty cheap.

I don't know Chris at all, or his work. Don't see any examples on his web site either, but "...second to none" & "pretty cheap" usually don't go together in taxidermy... just saying... As some have said "pics, or it didn't happen". :confused:

I don't know Chris at all, or his work. Don't see any examples on his web site either, but "...second to none" & "pretty cheap" usually don't go together in taxidermy... just saying... As some have said "pics, or it didn't happen". :confused:

Unfortunately, my deer head and my fish are hanging in my parents' house so I don't have any pictures to post. I wouldn't say "Cheap". I'd say "reasonable". I wish Gundog would post some pics of his living room!

Top Bottom