Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nebraska non resident fees????

muddy

Am planning a trip to Nebraska in hopes of finding a couple deaf & dumb longbeards. Is it true that you get 2 turkeys for 1 tag and it only costs around $70? Do you have to buy a normal hunting license, like in Iowa, or is that included?

The 2 birds per tag is news to me. Unless they give Iowans a better deal than residents I don't think it's happening. Certain areas for deer are that way though. You will be able to find everything you need on this link. Later, Jay http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/homepage.html I did some checking and the nr permit is 66$ plus you need a habitat stamp at 13$ The tag is for 1 bearded bird. If you are having a go with a bow the tags are unlimited and good statewide. Shotgun has certain areas and some are limited amounts. The application time is now for shotgun. All tags can be purchased on the web. You are allowed 2 tags at 66$ each. You only need 1 habitat stamp.

muddy, I hope to bag a couple the first week in April. Try to get out before shot gun season opens to hunt some less call- shy birds. Good luck and let us know how you do.

I went to NE Nebraska last April for a 4 day hunt. I killed 2 birds the first day and came home. The birds appeared to be Eastern./Merriam hybrids and not very bright. All hunting was done in the river bottoms.

I think 4 of us are going the 2nd week of April. If they're dumb I'm in luck. If I could get a Merriam I can die a happy man. I have very few realistic hunting goals in life, a Merriam is one of them.

SDBuck has to put me on one of my other goals later this year!!

Muddy-

Where in NE are you going?? I'm planning a trip out by McCook in April in hopes of my first Merriam!! I'm excited to hunt the wide open country for turkeys. Hopefully it'll be easier to roost them since there are a limited number of places they can roost out there. Does anyone know, do rattlesnakes pose a problem turkey hunting out there???

Not sure where we're gunna be at. A guy i work with is setting it all up, his uncle owns a bunch of ground and I'm just going along for the ride basically. I also have my dreams of Merriams for the trip...good luck to you.

Top Bottom