Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need a few pointers...

Now your makin me nervous again! My plan was to maybe wait to go in there till late october early november when he might have somethin else on his mind. But what worries me there is he might take off across the country side lookin for does too? I dunno.

If you have him patterned now I'd go asap. Because things are going to start changing in a few weeks

Now your makin me nervous again! My plan was to maybe wait to go in there till late october early november when he might have somethin else on his mind. But what worries me there is he might take off across the country side lookin for does too? I dunno.

Sorry, wasn't tryin to make you worry. Was jokin! But as said above, if you have him patterned now, I would go for it, at least once. His feeding pattern could change in coming weeks as food sources change and he starts traveling to check doe pockets. I've heard a lot of people talk about bucks changing "home" areas from summer to fall, so he could move on. I have no idea really, but have noticed that some bucks seem to show up later in the season all of a sudden. Not sure if I just don't see them due to missing my cameras and moving after dark or if they come from their "summer home" somewhere else. Then I believe there's always some bucks that don't care about breeding does and just stay in the same "home" area year round. So, long story short, hard to tell what he may do. Again, not trying to worry you!

Dude go kill the deer NOW! That corn isn't going to be there forever, and once the rut kicks in, that buck may end up chasing tail 2 counties over. Just remember the fundamentals. Play the wind, be quiet, sit still, cover your scent, etc etc.

Im headin out in the morning we'll see how it goes! Even when the corn comes out theres alot of small trees and tall grass but im gonna give it a go in the mornin thanks guys!

Good luck! I think you are making the right decision going in while you still have him somewhat patterned. Let us know how it goes!

Well i sat till 10:00 and he didnt show. Did have a doe and a small 6 in range but didnt wanna smack that doe if he was around. Ill try tonight means i have been seein him at night. The other deer didnt know i was there!!

Well i sat till 10:00 and he didnt show. Did have a doe and a small 6 in range but didnt wanna smack that doe if he was around. Ill try tonight means i have been seein him at night. The other deer didnt know i was there!!

If your seeing him at night and not the morning then stay out in the morning. Nothing but harm to be done by pressuring a mature deer, unless of course you want to help your neighbor kill him by relocating him.

If your seeing him at night and not the morning then stay out in the morning. Nothing but harm to be done by pressuring a mature deer, unless of course you want to help your neighbor kill him by relocating him.

Valid point but I never looked for him in the morning, as far as the nieghbor goes there are none. Town to the south and corn and subdivisions all around. Only huntable piece for miles.

You may have a great spot man. Urban spots can be great. I hunt one urban spot though it is not zoned as urban. It's so weird hunting where you can hear kids playing in their yards etc. I have found that the deer in these areas are significantly less sensitive to the scent of humans, and noise. It's kinda weird cause I grew up hunting in BFE. Almost seems like cheating but there are some giant urban bucks.

You may have a great spot man. Urban spots can be great. I hunt one urban spot though it is not zoned as urban. It's so weird hunting where you can hear kids playing in their yards etc. I have found that the deer in these areas are significantly less sensitive to the scent of humans, and noise. It's kinda weird cause I grew up hunting in BFE. Almost seems like cheating but there are some giant urban bucks.

Yeah this isnt really urban either, ive got a river and a golf course between it and town then some housing on the other side... but yes just the other day there was kids building a "fort" just across the river. Im thinkin that buck is an old dude. Really tall ten with mass out the a@#. Lol heres hopin he gives me a shot!

Glad your spot worked on not alarming the deer that did show up. Good luck in getting that buck! Hopefully he will show when you're there. It sounds like he's got you hooked!

Top Bottom