Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need an answer

sethgade280

I am going down during the late muzzy season and want to coyote hunting while my buddies are on the other part of the farm. Basically waste time during sits. My question

Since I am the landowner, do I need any tags to hunt coyotes? I thought somewhere I saw that landowners don't need any permits nr or resident if they hunt them on their farm. Any truth to this?? Don't want to get myself in trouble thinking I know the answer. Thanks guys.

The regs are very confusing. They state that a nr landowner doesn't need a license to hunt coyote of their own land. But the way it is worded, I don't know. So I still need to get a hunting license for sure?? I wish it was clearer

License not required for qualifying resident and nonresident landowners or tenants or their juvenile children when hunting or trapping on their own land
9Hunting license and habitat fee required for all nonresidents hunting deer and turkey.
This is quoted from the site. So yes, for deer and turkey, but it looks like not for coyote. This sucks or I just a moron. haha

I would just call your local DNR officer. I would think you would be fine. If your late muzz hunting you already have a hunting license correct?

My buddy has the tag. I just wanted to come down to the farm for some days. thought it would be fun to sit and call for some dogs. The way everything is stated is just confusing. Maybe I should just call and ask. Feel like an idot.......can't even find out the regs in a regs booklet. haha. Anyone else have an answer??

The way I read it, you only need licenses for deer,turkey and migratory critters on your own property---- resident or nonresident. Everything else is fair game (pun intended).

Just out of curiousity, how big is your farm and are you both hunting it? How do you plan on calling the song dogs? I used to hunt a place that I could see a LONG ways. Everytime I turned on the electronic distress call deer would pop up out of the grass and run like someone was shooting at them. I know on our 220 acre farm in the past when I turned on the caller my uncle on the other end said it he could hear it plain as day and deer ran across the bottom from him when it was turned on. Just something to think about I guess.

Top Bottom