Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need help

16point

i need help fellas, we went hunting this morning and we found a buck that was hit by a car saturday night it scores in the 140's and has one of the most beutiful cape u ever seen and a double throat patch so i decided i will try to mount him so my question is how do get the horns from the cape when u get to that spot so i can freeze him and do it later this winter! i dont know if any one could steer me towards a website or tell me wut i got to do thanks
16point

i would take it to the taxidermist, have him skin the head out, cut the horns off, and tell you how you should prep the cape for freezing

If your not going to a taxidermist and want to do it your self. You can skin from the shoulders up the neck, then once you get it up close to the ears you can twist the neck til it comes loose. You might have to do a little cutting around the ncek. The you can freeze it til your ready to do it. Then let it thaw out when your ready, and start skinning the rest out. I have not done one myself, but have watched several taxidermist friends do it several times. PM me if you need more info.
Thanks

I would go with the info on two beards link. Mine is just a very brief overview. I would consult a taxidermist to ensure a good job. I'm sure they would help you out for a small fee.

Top Bottom