Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need hunting ground in SW IA

SWIOWAMONSTERS

BIGGEST BUCKS DOWN IN IA!
Recently started bow hunting need ground in Sw IA May lease prefer free hunting...very respectful will take even doe only spots help a new Hunter get into bow hunting please pm me with any help..Thanks!!

We differ in approach.

I would start with knocking on doors in the area, last ditch effort would be posting a plea on-line.

I wish you luck, but money might talk.

No, agree with you about scrambling for a spot to hunt, less than a week before season, on IW. Good luck with that

No, agree with you about scrambling for a spot to hunt, less than a week before season, on IW. Good luck with that

Agreed.

I own a farm and have say on who can access a couple of others. Anybody knocks on my door a week or two before season gets a definite NO!

It tells me you are not passionate about hunting and left things to the last minute.

You better have a huge pocket book if you want to lease in SW Iowa. Plenty of public hunting if you get off the beaten path. Studies have shown that something like 80% of hunters hunt with in 200 yards of their truck.

I've already got my permission on all my places and I ask in June and make sure they know what I'm up to now before season. Just find a place and ask, it's really not that hard.

If he just started now, I guess I understand. I think we are being a little too critical on the guy. Those of us who have been doing it for awhile certainly have our routine and times we ask.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me but I find it odd you decided to start bow hunting with out any ground to hunt. If you have no ground at this time you may want to broaden your search past SW Iowa. Id start figuring out some public if i were you.

I used to own a farm in Taylor County and I found that the neighbors were very nice and seemed to be open to allow bow hunting, I didn't ask for shotgun but that might be different.

There were a lot of deer in the area I had my farm, probably too many at the time, that was 4-5 years ago. Good luck, somebody will probably be ok with you hunting with a bow

I don't blame the guy for posting. 1 in a 1000 chance but it's still a chance. Don't blame him for the post but sure don't bet he'll have much luck without a whole lot of work & knocking. Next year, my 2 cents, start early - few weekends will yield some farms. Still could do it this year actually.

Southwest Iowa is heavily hunted and the numbers are way down from what they were four our five years ago. There are still good spots but in the end you will have to big $$$ to get on the good spots. Also forgot to add SW Iowa is the poaching capitol of the world so you will have to put up with tons of crap with illegal hunting and poachers.

Top Bottom