Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need new RUT UP-DATE

jaybeee

BEEN WORKING ALL WEEK SINCE TUESDAY, HOWS THE RUT PROGRESSING? WHATS WORKIN NOW? HOWS MRS. DOE'S PEE DOING ON A DRAG LINE TO THE STAND? CAN'T HUNT TIL MON-WED, WILL PULL OUT ALL THE TRICKS IF I HAVE TOO.,......GOOD LUCK ALL............J.B.

This week is going great
I think it is peak rut. Between me and my buddie, last sunday after noon, we saw at least 20 deer. They are really moving around! I had one come in chasing a doe, had to whistle 3 time for him to stop, but never got a clean opprotunity!
I think a drag would work great. I think the does are ready. I think thanksgiving weekentd will still be good hunting.
Well, good luck!

I HAVENT SEEN A SHOOTER BUCK SINCE NOV 4TH, WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO TO? LOTS OF IDEAS BUT CANT FIND EM...NOV 12, SAW 3 SMALL BUCKS WITH HOT DOES, ONE BUCK CAME INTO THE BEDDING AREA I WAS IN 3 TIMES AND MET UP WITH A DIFFERENT DOE EACH TIME AND STOLE MY LIVE DECOYS;; SHOULD HAVE SHOT THE LITTLE THIEF.. I ACTUALLY HAD A DOE COME TO MY RATTLIN , BLEATIN, AND GRUNTING- WHERE SHE RAISED HER TAIL AND,,,WELL,,,, REVEALED HER UM....YOU KNOW...PRIVATES. SHE ACTUALLY WAS BEGGING FOR THE BUCKS TO BREED HER.. WHERE DID THEY GO? DID THE HEAT KEEP THE BOYS DOWN OR AM I MISSING A KEY BREEDING AREA SOMEWHERE ON THESE PROPERTIES? SAME STORY WITH MOST OF THE HUNTERS UP HERE IN N.E. IOWA. BIG BUCKS NON-EXISTANT.CANT COMPLAIN,PASSED 12 SHOTS ON 10 P&Y BUCKS IN A FOUR DAY PERIOD--ALWAYS HOLDING OUT TOO LONG FOR EL'GRANDE. ANY HELP OUT THERE. M350 OUT

Drove by the 'Ranch' by Blakesburg on the way home from work this morning. Saw 4 140-150 inch bucks chasing does, and a few little ones doing the same. But that isn't indicitive of normal hunting areas. When I got away from that area, saw a couple of other nice ones looking for love. They were really moving this morning.

them deer are makin a fool out of me ha ha saw a button a spike a 4pt, a 6pt, a small 8pt , a big 9pt , a decent 10 and one so big , just stood there grunting at me..[my decoy ] in the dark, and 3 longbeards and a dozen does, miss ed a 3x5 8pt at 8:30 this morning im tired , going to bed, give it a try in the morning. goood-nite

Swanny,
Just wondering if you live or hunt south of Blakesburg? I hunt about 6 miles east of Unionville, IA. Just wondering if someone else on this site was in the same ball park?
Good Hunting,
BOWDUDE

BOWDUDE....email me and I will tell ya where I hunt at. Just don't want to be too specific on here.

Heard about a nice 160+ class buck arrowed today, the guy only rattled for once and he came in running.

Not a bad Thanksgiving for the hunter!

TLH

10 - 14 days ago deer everywhere, with 2 shooter bucks hanging around, then nothing till to speek of until this morning I had 8 does/yearlings and 2 bucks under me. The does were not really acting like they were in heat, and both bucks were pretty small. The biggest bodied one will probably be a basket 8 forever, and he quickly chased the other one out of the neighborhood. Actually the other one had a much nicer rack, but apparently played 2nd fiddle. Tonight from a different stand I saw another 6 does and 1 small buck. Then right at dark I think I finally saw my big boy in the willows again. He has been AWOL for 11 days, after he caught me at 1/2 draw.
Can't wait for Friday. (it's my last chance before I got to go visit family up north)

I was out this morning and seen what looked to be a small buck chasing a couple of doe's.About 20 minute's later the doe's came by my stand and milled around for about 20 minute's.The buck never did show up though.I think it was a doe and her yearling fawn which tell's me that maybe thing's are slowing down a bit.
I've alway's heard that some of the biggest buck's are taken the last week or so of November,How true is this and should a guy change up to help score at this time of the year?

Seems like we are all experiencing the same thing! Does anybody know what's going on with the big boys? Had a shooter in close 2 weeks ago, he didn't give me a clear shot and I haven't seen him since, but all the small bucks are still hanging around the same does and the same area. The small bucks are still chasing the does here in SE Iowa, but like you said no big boys. Any thoughts?

Seems like the rut is out like a fatgirl playing dodgeball. Good luck to ya all.
BT. Just a figure of speech.
See ya.

GOT THE DRAW ON TWOM DIFFERENT LARGE BUCKS LAST NIGHT(23RD) BOTH HAD DOES, BOTH WERE SHOOTERS JUST NO CLEAR SHOTS. ONE 30 YARDS AND ONE 5 FEET BEHIND MY STAND.DOES RUNNING LIKE CRAZY ON MY FOOD SOURCE, IT WAS LIKE GOLDFISH IN A BATHTUB---THEY RAN ALL OVER THE FEILD, FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER. PROBABLY 15 OR SO TOTAL. THE RUT IS NOT OVER!!!!!!BUCKS STILL FIGHTING AND LARGE BUCKS STILL TENDING DOES.SECONDARY RUT? MAYBEE . LOOK OUT SLUG HINTERS, ITS GONNA BE GOOD. M350OUT

Here in southeast iowa the rattling antlers are working again as the fight is on for those last does. Still seeing some good ones chasing hard. First season shotgun should be interesting.

Intruder

was out all day today bucks where going nuts again saw 13 bucks between 1 pm and 430 pm all where WITHOUT does just single bucks cruising all where good shootable bucks not a small one around just wish I could get out again before slug season but alas the WORK thing
mad.gif

Started pulling me and my buddy's bow stands Friday night and yesterday P.M. I went in to make some adjustments for the upcoming gun season and found a 5" tree freshly peeled right underneath where we pulled a stand and 40 yards north a new scrape under an 8" tree that had been gouged up.

Someone thinks there is still something going on. I would keep an eye open for the bruisers yet.

My dad was working out in the country, when he saw a pretty nice buck chasing a doe around out in a field section, good sign that the rut is still on, just try to get them before opening day of the shotgun season, good luck!

Top Bottom