Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need opinions on best safety harness?

C

chrisj

I am currently using a API full body restraint, I got it with a stand. I like it but would think someone would have one that is a little easier to keep tight and have buckles etc? What do you guys use? I like many used to use a belt around waist till I watched a video showing how bad that can be, I also like how it pushes down clothes out of my way in cold weather making string contact less of a concern. Thanks for your advice....

I use a Miller duraflex, don't look for it in cabelas catalog. It is an industrial type fall arrest harness. It has a nylon loop on my upper back. I screw in a tree step and hook a lanyard to the loop and set the other hook on the tree step.

I wear it under my outer hunting clothes. Occasionally I get a wind chill from it holding my collar open. I could wear it outside my bibs, but it is lime green in color.

A company called DBI SALA in minnesota makes some industrial harnesses that are camoflaged.

Mine was $60.

I started using the Seat of the Pants a few years ago and really like it. It's a full body restraint harness. I also like the fact that it can double as a lineman's belt, which makes hanging stands easier.

Phantom

I'm with Phantom,

I bought a Seat of the Pants belt this fall and I really like it....... only wish I could get back all the money that I have wasted on other belts. It goes on easy and I really like the tree hook up..... it makes it really easy to safely get out of the stand BEFORE unhooking the safety line. Best $60 I have spent in a long time......

Seat of the Pants it the ticket.

Summit tree stands owns them now so you can check them out on the web under summit stands.

I gotta agree the SOP is the best money I spent on gear this year!

Top Bottom