Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need pop up blind help

Stump Shooter

Hey Fellas,

I need some help from you. I am going to be turkey hunting with the bow this year here at home. I didn't get drawn for a gun tag, so I have to go with bow. But I need a blind. Any suggestions on which one to get?? I may never really use this blind for anything else other than turkey hunting, so I don't want to spend a ton on it. But I would like it big enough for two guys, because I'd like to video my hunt. Obviously...the more room, the lighter it is, the quieter it is, the easier it is to setup and shoot through windows would be perfect...but I know at the price range I'm looking at, I will have to compromise on a few of those wants. I might even be interested in buying a good, used one from someone as well. Thanks for your help!

Pat

Pat,
I would go with a Double Bull. I know you don't want to spend a ton of money but in this case you get what you pay for. This blind will last forever. Their customer service is second to none and they are a minnehaha company...
grin.gif

Vman has a T5 in the classifieds for a great price. Also if you ever take kids ect, ect... there is a ton of room.

You may think you will only use it for turkey hunting but we are using ours more and more for deer hunting. Here is an example of how well they can be hid. This set up was the same day. We shot two does and passed a great buck that came to 30 yards before he got our wind.

26DSC02269-med.JPG

Well put limb. We have a Double Bull BS-5 and my bro Dewy has a Matrix. You can deal with the buyers remorse, get a double bull. They are worth every penny.

Gee...Thanks a lot Jake and Limb! lol I'm never really one to buy cheaper gear, no matter what it is. There always seems to be a way that I "talk" myself into or justify a bigger purchase and/or spending more than I really want to. But I don't know about this one. I'm pretty much stuck on stand hunting and don't know if I would feel comfortable deer hunting from the ground. It would be a tough transition for me I think. There's just something about being 15'-18' in the air while deer hunting. It would be nice once my son gets old enough to come hunting with me, but he's not even 2 yet. LOL I might have to buy another blind by the time he gets old enough. Thanks for the input though. Keep it coming if anyone else has one they like.

Pat

hey... you are talking to one of the biggest Lone Wolf homers there is I love treestand hunting... however we were having a tough time getting a stand up in that brush...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I might have to buy another blind by the time he gets old enough

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote says it all, if you buy a Double Bull you won't have to buy another blind.
evil.gif

The cabelas 4- season is hard to beat for the price.Easy ast set up, removable windows, large shooting windows, blacked out interior, rainproof. I use it spring and shaded pine areas fall. Use double bull (brown) in the fall.

web page

[quote I might have to buy another blind by the time he gets old enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you might have to buy another before he hits 4! A buddy bought one of the Ameristep blinds sold it, next a Cabela's Double Bull ripoff. Never even made it to the woods(poor quality)sent it back. The light went on for him and he got a DB. I have one of the early DB, Skyline Apparition camo, it has been thru alot and still looks and works like new!!! Buy what ever, but if you use it alot even just for turkey sooner or later you will wish you had got the DB!!

We go over this about every 3-6 months Xtec, and I have never heard anyone complain about the DB. Spend the extra cash. It will save you money in the long run. If it helps any, DB has the best customer service around. If you break something they will replace it no questions asked. In my opinion, this is not one to try to cut costs on. Also, like LIMB mentioned, you can't hunt deer out of a tree if there isn't one available. I don't hunt deer that often out of my DB, but its nice to have in the arsenal when its needed.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Double Bull but the price issue arises! My brother and I have Ameristep Doghouses and they work great, just make sure they have quality material and are BLACK on the inside, that is the big part in turkey hunting!

Anybody got and used a DB matrix yet. They look awesome. I have a T2 but i really dont like the big window and I wish it was a little bigger.

I will have to agree with the other posts. You cant go wrong with a Double Bull. I own and use one myself. However if you just cant aford to spend 350 for a new T5 or 400 for the matrix scheels is making a blind this year for 250. The scheels "Boondocks" blind has alot of features and is definitly worth takeing a look at.

Top Bottom