Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need RAIN!

codywright

TENRINGER
Seriously I need rain on my food plots! I had to redo them the first part of July do to too much rain now they have came up good but it is dry dry dry. The deer are smashing them and I am afraid if I don't get rain soon they will be a total double loss. Anyone else having this problem. I also want to say I wish those going through flood problems right now the best of luck. I would not wish that upon anyone.

Being I have not been able to do anything with my plot due to too much rain and just got more, I can not be sympathetic. You are way ahead of most here in SE IA

Careful what you wish for, what part of Iowa are you in were it hasn't rained? If i could ship some of this water your way I would that is for sure. I bought a boat this summer to be able to do some serious fishing on the rivers and wouldnt you know it they have been at or above flood stage since I bought it.

If you took the water in basements in our town, you'd have more than enough to get your plot off and going :D

Fortunately we weren't one of them, but if this rain for Thursday and Friday comes as forecast, it's going to get even uglier...if that's possible.

Rain

In my area of Minnesota we had the hardest rain I have ever seen in my 40 years of life....5 inches in 1 1/2 hours. It looked like a scene from Deadliest Catch.

We have had perfect timely rains since, the farmers are looking a bumper crop in my area.

I understand how it is though, last year we were terribly dry and the county to my south had plenty of rain?

I think we are up to somewhere around 26" above normal for the year...Douds is 1/2 under water from the Des Moines River coming over the banks...In August no less!

Hope you get some rain up your way but we could do without for a week or two right now...;)

Since moving to this state, I have never seen this much water.! I used to enjoy thunder storms , but after at least three a week, for 4 months,, I have gotten weary of them. Of coarse it seems to be always feast or famine. Around the world the weather is Extreme. Either forest fires or floods. I think nature is trying to tell us something,,,Mostly,,, that even with all our Technology and human plans,,we a weak and helpless. I think our Creator is speaking to us too.

rain

We had another 5 inches of rain last night in WC Minnesota, Lake Geneva near Alexandria had 7 inches.

The storms seem to have way more punch, I guess Al Gore was right (global warming)...I'm kidding not a Gore fan.

Get the ark built!!!

Just had torential down pours here for the last hour in Rochester, thats after we received a couple inches and nasty storms last night already... Its getting old....

Got nailed here this afternoon blew a machine shed away and tossed part out into the road ! Had 2 in of rain and nasty wind ! No food plots this weekend.

Don't blame poor old Al for the wet weather, you can blame me. All this wet weather is my fault because I'm trying to get my house done. Since we dug the hole it has been nothing but a mud pit. Every contractor has had water/mud issues including getting concrete trucks buried. What a mess.

The 'Bonker

The crazy part of the wet weather is that the weather patterns are quite normal for mid-west summers. It is the amount of moisture in the air. No one seems able to explain it. Normally a storm may put down a quarter inch, or possibly an inch. This summer it is 2 inches 4 or even 7 inches at a time. Iowa had record snowfall rates last winter. Again lots of moisture. All the flooding will continue,,until this excess supply of water in the air leaves. And I don't think it will. Nature is addictive, like humans. Once it gets into a habit,,it likes to keep it!

Don't blame poor old Al for the wet weather, you can blame me. All this wet weather is my fault because I'm trying to get my house done. Since we dug the hole it has been nothing but a mud pit. Every contractor has had water/mud issues including getting concrete trucks buried. What a mess.

The 'Bonker

Funny you say that because a good friend is building a home and he said the exact same thing. What is ironic is that he has had two 2-3 inch rains in his township and then you go my way (less than 15 miles) and we didn't get a drop that night. He is so frustrated.

I'm sure it throws a wrench into your building schedule!

Top Bottom