Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some help

matman

Hi guys, Been awhile since I've last posted. I live her in NJ where the hunting is quite different than in IOWA. I would describe it as mostly suburban hunting. In some ways it actually makes the whitetails smarter. I live on 10 acres and up until 2 years ago the road behind my property was still dirt. Now that it is paved over there is significantly more traffic. The number of deer sightings has dropped accordingly.I finally figured it out on my property. From the road the deer are very visible looking into the property. What can I plant to create a barrier to shield them from the road? The area I want to concentrate on is marshy and listed as wetlands. Behind that in the drier area I am going to try planting corn and I will leave it up. Also the property was hayfiled and now wild rose bush that is dying off. What do you recommend to create more good cover? Thanks.

What about getting some pine trees and planting yourself a 10-15 yard pine thicket along that road? Pines grow up pretty quick, and within 2-3 years, the deer can bed in those pines. After 15 years or so the pines will be high and there might not be as much cover though.

Top Bottom